Joint division established: ANNOVA Systems now SCISYS Media Solutions28th January 2019
Munich, Germany & Dortmund, Germany – After a period of preliminaries, we are pleased to inform you that we have progressed our previously announced integration plans:
- As of 1 January 2019, all of our activities in the media & broadcast technology sector have come together under the umbrella of one single division called SCISYS Media Solutions.
- This division integrates our newsroom solutions business which centres on our proprietary OpenMedia product, with our radio solutions business based on our dira! product suite.
- For now, ownership of our new division is spread across two legal entities. However by having a combined division we have merged the operational side of ANNOVA Systems GmbH (as it was formerly known) and SCISYS Deutschland GmbH’s Media & Broadcast’s division, under combined management.
- The new management team will be under the leadership of SCISYS Media Solutions’ CEO, Michael Schüller.
- A formal merger resulting in ownership of the division by one legal entity, SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH, is planned for 2019.
- In order to facilitate the next phase of the merger, in December 2018, Annova Systems GmbH was re-named SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH.
In December 2016, the SCISYS Group acquired full ownership of ANNOVA (now SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH). The objective of the acquisition was to allow the best of both product worlds to grow together in order to set new trends in the market and also to gain further market shares. From the very beginning, it was crucial that both product lines, dira! and OpenMedia, as well as the locations remain unchanged.
In this way, customers will benefit from the planned combination of the strengths of both divisions.
Since then, the joint businesses have started focusing on growth and further engagement in the media & broadcast sectors globally.
About the SCISYS Media Solutions division
SCISYS Media Solutions will become the provider of the market-leading software solutions dira! and OpenMedia. By merging ANNOVA and SCISYS’ Media & Broadcast division, SCISYS Media Solutions will offer a wide range of professional solutions for innovative media companies in national and international markets.
With more than 75,000 users worldwide and over 20 years of experience in this market segment, SCISYS Media Solutions will be a leading full-service provider for the broadcast industry.
The foundation of our product lines dira! and OpenMedia is formed by a constantly growing team of experts who support their clients from initial consulting to agile project planning and implementation, as well as user training and coaching. The team is complemented by 24/7 support, which is immediately available in case of challenges with the system.
Both product lines are modular standard software and system solutions which can, individually and customer-specifically, be adapted and extended. The scalability of the architecture allows the solutions to be used in small to medium-sized broadcasters as well as in distributed enterprise environments.
The dira! product family covers the entire production workflow required for media management in radio journalism: from broadcast production and the exchange of material and programs, through broadcast scheduling, to actual on-air playout, post-production and archiving.
The innovative newsroom system OpenMedia is already in use worldwide as a standard tool for research, planning and creation of daily news, magazines and sports publications. OpenMedia is regarded as the leading independent system for all editorial workflows and rundown management.
The close technical integration of the two product worlds dira! and OpenMedia enables an even more effective, cross-platform use of multimedia content for broadcast-specific workflows.
The software solutions are used internationally by both private and public media institutions of various sizes. Among the long-standing users are the ARD Group, Deutsche Welle and Deutschlandradio, Pro7Sat1 as well as international customers such as BBC, Corus, SRG SSR, Red Bull Media House, Radio France, France 24, funradio and RTL2, ENMA, RÚV, SABC, VRT, TRK, Al Hijrah, 1+1 Ukraine, and many more.
SCISYS Media Solutions
Marketing & Communication
Tel: +49 89 158 155 0